Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Anniversary

This weekend Nick and I celebrated our first year anniversary. It was a blast. Nick got up early Saturday to take a test for midterms and then we were off for the day. We stopped and had lunch at Paradise Bakery and then off to Snowbird Resort for Oktoberfest. We got up there and went to our GIANT room with a perfect mountain view. We went down to the festivities that were going on at the resort center.

We rode the Tram to the top of the mountain 11,000 feet and 29 degrees with the wind blowing at 30 mph and snow.....it was freezing up there but what a beautiful view!


We went back down to the resort center and rode the ZipRider...yes I beat Nick, then off to the Alpine slide....yes I KILLED Nick again. I think that first race down the alpine slide was the fastest anyone has ever gone down. I was like 2 turns ahead of Nick, I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe at the end. That was by far the funniest thing. Nick wanted a rematch at both the ZipRider and Alpine Slide...we switched sides so it was fair. This time on the ZipRider I was in the lead, but Nick did a little tuck action and definately took the lead. Now the score was Shaylee 2 Nick 1....off to the Alpine Slide...we switch tracks again, neck and neck for the first 2 turns and then once again I took off taking the lead....but in the background I heard screaming like a girl.....I slowed down but still won, we got to the bottom and Nick looked like he was definately in some pain....WELL FELL OFF HIS CART!! Ha ha. The ending score Shaylee 3 Nick 1. after the slide we went down to the festivities and watched the performers, walked through the booths, and through the shops.


We went back to the room and got ready for dinner. Nick gave me DIAMOND Earrings.....he gave me some for my birthday 2 years ago but these are bigger and better....they are so pretty, I had to wear them to dinner. We went to the Steak Pit for dinner, during dinner we had a visitor come by....Larry the Porkipine, he was HUGE! After dinner we went down to the pool and hot tub.....so relaxing!!! After the hot tub we were beat and went to bed. It was a perfect day and night and I couldn't asked for a better husband. He truely is amazing, always has suprises, always planning fun things, he's great but most importantly he's my best friend and I love him. I can't believe how fast 1 year has gone by, what a great year. I can't wait for more anniversary's to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a year already :) congrats!