Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update!

I'm definitely not greatest at this whole blog thing and I know I've said that in the past but I''m trying to get better, get better at blogging and updating, adding pictures, and taking pictures so that is my goal.
For Valentines we kept it low key, we went to lunch with the Miller side and then headed to the annual Boat Show at the South Town Expo Center. We can NEVER miss the boat show, it's Nick's favorite thing to do! After the show we were so tired we came home and took a nice nap and then went out to dinner later to Holy Smokes. It's a yummy BBQ joint in Layton and lately we've been addicted!! Nick got me Flowers and a HUGE heart balloon! So cute, I love him!
A few weekends ago we went to dinner with our friends Josh and Kenzi and actually ended up in Wendover...yup you heard me, WENDOVER NEVADA. WHAT?!?!? The boys kept talking about it at dinner and Kenzi and I were like, no way we are going to Wendover, we were both tired and wanted to go back home and watch a movie and keep it low key, but that didn't happen. We hoped in Josh's mini to go get "ICE CREAM" and ended up in WalMart in SLC, to pick up toiletries and swim suits for our trip. Don't worry here are the items we picked up:
1 Travel Toothpaste
4 pack of Toothbrushes
1 Travel Shaving cream
4 Travel Shick razors
1 giant Sugar Free Rockstar
$3.00 little boy basketball shorts XL for Nick
$3.00 black mini shorts
$7.00 cone shaped sports bras
Let's just say what we were going to wear for the pool...not cool! Kenzi and I had to crash on the way out to Wendover but Nick and Josh were too busy chatting away about life that it was hard to sleep oh and we were in a Mini (did I mention that?) We got to Wendover and ended up having a blast! Nick and I started with $20 each and Nick lost his pretty fast, I on the other hand was up like $40 bucks! I've never really gambled before and now I'm hooked! Ha ha not really but it was a blast, we went dancing with some weirdos, watch/played BlackJack and finally went to the hotel to get some sleep. We went to go maybe get some breakfast but I was so hooked on playing Blackjack again we played at 11:00 in the morning...who does that? We had a great time, Thanks Josh and Kenzi..mainly Josh for kidnapping us!
Last weekend I was able to go to Cali to see my sister compete in the West Coast UCA Cheer Comp. It was so much fun, I got there Friday and laid by the pool and napped, Saturday was the Competition at Universal Studios...they WON!! Congrats to them! Sunday we went to Six Flags...oh my gosh it was so much, Nick was so jealous I was there and he wasn't. But can you believe my mom and dad went on all the RIDES! Whoa! It was so much fun! Thanks Nick for letting me go on this little Vacation! Well that's all for now. Check back in a few weeks hopefully I'll have some new stuff up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that even has an old married couple you haven't lost your spontaneous-ness :) Sounds like the shay i know and love :)

Nicole said...

Hey there!
Want you to come try out that new camera and get some pictures of my kids with the beautiful tulips across the street. :) Ya think??