Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's my BiRtHDaY Weekend!

For any of you that truly know me my BIRTHDAY is my favorite holiday! I just love love love it! I don't know if it's because it's always a 4 day weekend and I get an extra day off or what but it always turns out to be the best ever! This year I started my birthday list about the end of July and got a lot of crap for it. I typed it up this year and even included pictures! Nick was slightly embarrassed for me as I would whip it out anytime anyone asked what I wanted. My parents and Nick both think I'm the strangest person when it comes to Birthdays because they just don't care, or in their words "it's just another day" but what I think is this "it's the day you were born, you have to celebrate, why not!" So anyways this year I went to work in the morning and my boss told me I could leave at lunch and go have fun so I did, I took him up on it and was off at 1:00. I met my mom in SLC and we went up to Swiss Days in Midway and got to enjoy some shopping boutique style! We ran into quite a few people we knew up there and this year it seemed even bigger then last year. I took Nick up there last year as we were in Park City having fun on the Coster, and Ziplines and told him that I wanted to go over to Swiss Days and he was totally stoked, thinking ah Swiss Days must be Swiss Stuff, Swiss People, Swiss everything else...we got there and he got out of the shuttle and said "are you kidding me?!?!?" "this is more like Relief Society Craft Days what am I doing up here you tricked me!" anyways this year it was just my mom and I and we had alot of fun. The booths went into the neighborhoods, instead of just the park! We ended up finding the cutest booth that had the best deals and ended up getting some jewelry for really cheap! After Swiss Days we headed back down the canyon, grabbed a quick late lunch and met Nick back in SLC after he got off work. Nick and I ended up getting a hotel downtown and got to our room and both crashed! We took a 3 hour nap! We woke up and headed over to The Gateway for some shopping and food! After all that we went back to the hotel and decided to run down to the amazing pool and hot tubs so we did that til late and then watched a movie and went to bed.

In the morning, we went downstairs to breakfast to find out that the Farmers Market was just across the street and headed over there to wonder around. It was alot of fun just looking at all the amazing fruits and veggies, breads and pastries and arts and crafts they had out. After that we went back to The Gateway to finish up shopping and get Nick's brother a Birthday present. It was such a fun day and night! Saturday we had some friends over to watch the football games.

Sunday we slept in late and had a family party at the Miller's house for Aug and Sept Birthday! Before the party we went out to West Layton and took the miles loop along the Nature Boardwalk. It was so much fun and so beautiful out there. At the party I go got a cookbook that I've been wanting, tickets to The Lion King for September 24th! A yummy Cupcake and the CUTEST Wallet/Clutch, or and Gift Card to Nordstroms!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Miller side!


Monday we went Golfing at Glen Eagle, and afterwards hiked Adam's Canyon with our neighbors!






It was a great weekend to celebrate! But don't worry the party isn't over yet! More celebrations to come this weekend! Yay!!

PS Nick's Birthday is September 25th!

3 comments:

Adam and Jamie said...

Holy fun birthday! Sounds like both families spoiled you to death. I'm so jealous of Lion King...i would love to go! Happy 25th Shay!

Jodi said...

You know how to party it up, don't you? I love that you made a birthday list! That is awesome! We love birthdays in our fam, too! My mom always puts a birthday box out by her mailbox every year so friends/family/neighbors can put her gifts in it! :) Happy birth, Shay!

Sierra said...

So cute! It's nice that you let people know you care so much about your birthday. I'm with the family... it's just another day of work, chores, and boring adult crap. BUT, my birthday isn't near a holiday to ever get time off. Happy Birthday Shay :-)