I can't remember much of what happened in August but I do remember a few things. My mom's birthday was on the 2nd, and for her birthday my dad added some beadboard in the office and painted the top 1/3 a mustardy yellow...I told her she needed to be wild and change things up from her all white house...she's getting better and every time we do update and paint she loves it, so we have 4 more rooms and the house will look so much better...and add alot of color! I took my mom to Tai Pan and had alot of fun shopping with her. I think what we got ended up being perfect for her new office look! (Pictures maybe next month!)
We did South Weber Days: Adult Anything Goes again...this year our team was a little mixed up.
Nick had the opportunity to take some time off from the Jazz and go do a 2 week blitz in Hawaii for a Summer Sales group....yup you heard me Hawaii....and I was here in Utah...doesn't seem fair right, well the first week I was super busy with weekly plans I made prior to him leaving so I wouldn't pull my hair out. I went shopping with my neighbor Danielle, caught up on all my TV shows, spent a little money on household items to fix up the house, finished some projects, spent the night at my amazing sister in laws house, and mooched off my parents a little. The second week I was able to go to St. George to help my sister move into her new apartment and get her ready for college...I still can't believe she's old enough! I was still jealous Nick was in Hawaii another week but he kept telling me that Hawaii and St. George are close to the same place.......(NOT) St. George was perfect though....hot just how I like it. I sat at the pool and did absolutely nothing but lay out and went shopping (my kind of vacation) Nick ended up doing really well in Hawaii and we don't have any regrets that he went (except that he was gone away from me for 2 weeks and 2 days and I didn't get to go to his cousin's wedding over there) Nick is an amazing husband and I couldn't ask for a better one, he's such a hard worker and always providing for our little family.
Work has been CrAzY....and I mean crazy, we've been so busy that by the time I get home I'm pooped and all I do it sit on the couch, ok maybe cook a little dinner. Speaking of dinner I'm in this amazing group called Freezer Meal Friends and it has been a lifesaver to my wallet and my health.
We went camping with our neighbors the last weekend of August and had a BLAST! We woke up early Saturday morning and they had breakfast ready for us and then we were off and headed to Lava Hot Springs! We got up there and hurried and set up camp and right as we finished it started to sprinkle on us so we decided to run up to the hot springs and hang out there while the storm passed. By the time we changed and got up there we were in a DOWNPOUR and I mean it was raining buckets!
I think that's pretty much all for August. Oh wait school did start so Nick is no longer fun to hang out with...instead he's buried in 4 inch thick books! Next up....September....yay for BIRTHDAYS!!!
1 comment:
what a fun month! i swear you guys are always doing something fun! and that is why you need to keep posting every month! :)
Post a Comment