For Thanksgiving this year, Nick and I went to Grandma and Grandpa Campbell's house. It was so fun and so filling!!! We had a ton of food. Every time we go to their house they cook for like 50 and there is only 20 of us!! We had fun hanging out and being together as a family. I think everyone was there except for my brother that's on a mission. We ate, did crafts, ate more, played games and ate more!! Nick started a beanie but hasn't finished yet, and I took a nap! We love playing games on the Campbell side so we did that until Nick and I had to leave to go to a movie with his family. So we met them at the Layton Movie Theater and saw Australia. Good thing I took a nap the movie was 2 hours and 45 minutes!!! But it was really good, I even shed a tear towards the end! After the movie we went home and went to bed. Nick had to work at HomeDepot at 6:00 and I was going to St. George for the weekend with my mom and sister. While I was gone in St. George, Nick did laundry and supposivley cleaned...the bathroom though I don't know if it got clean but that was very nice of him to do the laundry!! Anyways, St. George was great, it was 65 degrees and sunny the whole time!! We shopped, slept, and read, and did about 10 Thank You cards for the wedding. (My bad, trust me we are getting them done slowly but surely, but we are very thankfull for everyone that gave us something or was part of our wedding day!!) So while shopping at Tai Pan Trading I did get a few decorations for Christmas even thinking that I wasn't going to have a big tree and was going to make whatever I had work for this Christmas. My mom dropped me off at Nick's parent house on our way home from St. George and I did get a few more Christmas stuff from Jana, and on our way home Nick mentioned that he messed with the light switches and switched one of the light switches so that when you turn the light on one of the lamps comes on, so I was like oh cool!! We got home and I came down the stairs and flicked the switch and A BIG 7 1/2 FOOT PRE LITE CHRISTMAS TREE WAS UP!!!!!!!!



I was so suprised!!!! Nick is the best, he went to work a few minutes early and bought one of the door buster trees!!! He got it for $50 bucks instead of $200....
I was so excited, it looks great in our little basement and almost was in tears!! Nick is the best, he always has some little suprise for him and I love him so much I can't even describe what he does for me!! So Tuesday night we decorated the tree and did what we could with what we had. It looks great, so now we have to have a Christmas Party!!

5 comments:
Shay, everything looks absolutely beautiful! And yes, you should have a party and show it off. Our first Christmas after we were married consisted of a decorated tree and the Christmas cards we received in the mail hanging on the mantel. That was nice enough 39 years ago, but your decor is truly lovely! Merry Christmas! (your Dad's cousin, Janette)
Shay-
Your place looks great in the pics! Nick is a great guy to do all that for you while you were gone. Lucky girl! :) See you soon...
Cute blog, Shay! Congrats on the wedding! I hope you're loving married life so far! My blog is www.kiarwin.blogspot.com. It would be great to keep in touch!
Shaylee! How are you? It has been forever! It was Lynette Purdy back in the day when we played soccer. Congrats on the wedding! Your Christmas tree is pretty darn cute too.
Shay... I just found your blog through Lacy. Anyways... We should go to dinner or something. It would be fun stuff :)
PS- your place looks darling... I will have to walk my fat butt across the street to see it.
Post a Comment